At Horsenden Primary School our pupils are proud to be members of our school and wear our uniform. The uniform has been deigned to be practical for a primary school, whilst reflecting the high standards expected at our school.
We feel it is important that pupils learn to dress smartly and appropriately as a uniform provides a sense of belonging and pride. By taking pride in their appearance, pupils are encouraged to do the same for other aspects of school life, including their learning and surroundings. We look to parents to work with us to ensure that pupils come to school, always maintaining a high standard of dress.
All our pupils from Year R to Year 6 are expected to wear our uniform which is detailed below:
- Grey trousers, skirt or pinafore dress (smart shorts can also be worn in the summer)
- White shirt, blouse or polo shirt
- Navy blue sweatshirt, fleece or jumper with the school logo
- Plain black shoes or plain black trainers
- Blue and white checked dress can be worn in the summer
- Black, white or navy headscarf or turban
Pupils need to have a separate PE kit which they will be required to change into in the interest of hygiene. Please ensure your child has their full, correct PE kit on the days they have PE (details can be found in the Year Group pages by clicking here).
- Navy blue shorts
- Yellow polo shirt with the school logo
- A navy blue tracksuit can be worn outside for games during the winter
- Plimsolls for indoor activities
- Trainers for outdoor activities
Swimming Kit (from Year 3)
- Navy or dark coloured swimming trunks for boys
- Navy or dark one-piece swimming costume for girls
- A towel
- Swimming hats are advisable, particularly for those with longer hair
Children are not allowed to wear jewellery to school for health and safety reasons, apart from small stud earrings which need to be removed or covered during PE.
Please ensure all clothing including bags, book bags and PE bags are labelled clearly with your child’s name and class.
Many items of uniform can be bought from most retailers but you could also order items directly from our online suppliers:
- My Clothing (formerly Tesco UES): click here
- Uniform Outlet Ltd; orders for Uniform Outlet Ltd can be placed online by visiting their website here , or calling them on the numbers below.
Address: 1290, Greenford Road, Greenford, Middlesex, UB6 0HH,
Tel: 020 3876 5717 / 07403 360836