COVID 19 Updates
What to do if your child develops any Covid symptoms
If your child develops any Covid symptoms such as a cough or a high temperature, they are to stay at home and get a PCR test. Please ensure that you inform the school as soon as possible of any positive case as we need to keep track of these. You can contact us by phone on 020 8422 5985 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Start and finish times from Thursday 2nd September
- There will be a soft start in the mornings. This means that children can be dropped to school between 8:45am and 8:55am. They will go straight into class to begin a quiet activity. Parents are asked to leave the site immediately. Registers will be taken at 8:55am and lessons will start at 9am.
- All children will finish school at 3:15pm daily. Again, please leave the site as quickly as possible.
- Children can enter and leave the school site by either entrance.
- Staff wearing high vis jackets will be at the gates and playground to direct you to your classes if you need help.
- To reduce the number of adults on site, children from Year 3 upwards can be dropped at the gate.
- Children can come to school in their PE kit on the days they have PE (except for Reception where children will get changed into PE kit as part of their learning and physical development).
- Please refer to your letter outlining which days your children have PE.
Lifting restrictions whilst taking a cautious approach
The government is clear that our priority is delivering face-to-face, high quality education. We must use proportionate control measures as part of an on-going risk assessment and follow public health rules. This means:
- Class bubbles are removed.
- Children will not be sent home to isolate if there is a positive confirmed case in the class, instead close contacts will be identified by NHS Test and Trace and asked to get a PCR test.
- Positive, confirmed cases of COVID-19 must continue to self-isolate at home and inform the school of the positive result.
- The requirement to wear face coverings on site is removed.
- We will continue regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces throughout the day.
- We will continue good ventilation with open doors, windows and/or blasts of fresh air.
- Assemblies for pupils continue to be virtual.
- Staff to continue carrying out twice weekly Lateral Flow Tests at least until the end of September.
- Until October, parent meetings where possible will be by video or telephone call.
- Parents attending functions on the school site, such as, workshops and assemblies or other face-to-face parent events, will be asked to book a place and wear masks.
We now have a contingency plan in place which complements our Covid risk assessment and sets out what we should do if cases rise substantially either in school or in the local area. The plan lists the additional actions that we may be required to take to ensure the safety of pupils, parents and staff. These may include the reinstating of wearing of face masks, social distancing and class bubbles as well as staggered start and end times. We will consult with Public Health services and the DfE before any decisions are made about implementing additional restrictions.
Supporting your child's return to school
Other Useful Documents