SPORTS GRANT FUNDING 2020/2021
In 2020-2021, the Sport Premium funding total amount has doubled. The amount of funding allocated to Horsenden Primary School for 2018-2019 is £23,013.
At Horsenden Primary School, we aim to give every child quality learning experiences in order to enjoy and develop their physical and sporting ability.
In order to get best value and maximum impact for our children, we plan to use the money to:
- Buy into the Willow Tree Sports Partnership to enable access to competitions and training.
- Improve confidence amongst staff in the delivery of high quality P.E. lessons across the school (INSET as appropriate).
- Employ specialist P.E. teachers or qualified coaches to work alongside teachers in lessons to increase their subject knowledge and confidence in P.E.
- Increase the access to a range of intra- school and inter-school sports so that children who are interested and/or particularly talented in an area of sport can develop competitive skills
- Release staff to effectively plan P.E. lessons, attend training or take children to participate in sports events.
- Purchase specialist equipment and teaching resources to develop a both traditional and non-traditional activities for both P.E. lessons and after school clubs.
- Increase the range of after school clubs that are available to access, making some of these free for pupils.
The teaching of good, regular P.E. and the provision of a wide range of clubs and activities which include competitive activities is key to the delivery. We aim to be acknowledged as delivering high quality P.E. and sport for all of our pupils.
How will the impact be measured?
- Observations of children and staff during P.E. lessons.
- Equipment will be used more effectively – observations.
- Assessment of pupils skills and development in P.E., begin to use assessment by teachers and children in P.E. lessons.
- Increased participation in competitive sports.
- Increased after school clubs and participation in P.E. and sport - links with specialist organisations and coaches.
- Pupil feedback.
- The achievement of recognised national quality marks.
Click here to read how we spent the Sports Premium money during 2020-2021.