Learn to Swim with Seahorse Swim School
Update 1 January 2021 - Our pool will remain closed whilst we are in Tier 4
The safety of our swimmers and teachers is and always will be our number one priority. In compliance with government and Swim England guidance, we have made a number of changes to our Seahorse classes to ensure the safety of everyone.
- All swimming activities must be pre-booked.
- We ask that anyone feeling ill or showing signs of any symptoms does not attend the school and will follow NHS guidance.
- Swimmers to arrive changed and be ready to swim – ‘beach ready’ – this is to reduce the amount of time spent in the changing rooms.
- All activities will have maximum number allocated and lesson times will be staggered.
- We will run fewer lessons within the pool at one time to allow for both children and swimming teachers to social distance. This may affect the times we are able to offer.
- There will be a one-way system, hand sanitiser and regular cleaning of all contact points.
- All changing rooms will be fully wiped down with disinfectant between each swimming bubble.
- We have a dedicated Seahorse Covid Liaison Officer who will ensure protocols are in place, working, being followed and regularly reviewed.
Please click this link for full details of our Covid specific risk management, our updated operating procedures and risk assessment.
We offer swimming lessons from age 4 and upwards. Lessons take place seven days a week and cover Levels 1 – 7. For more information on swim levels please click here. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer Ducklings classes this term. Following Swim England guidance, our swim coaches will be teaching from the pool side and will only enter the water in an emergency.
Swim lessons are 30 minutes and cost £9.50 per lesson, payable in advance. The Spring term will run from Monday 11 January to Sunday 28 March 2021 (not half term week), a total of ten weeks. Booking is on a first come, first served basis. There is a limit of four swimmers per group.
Seahorse Swim School Timetable - Spring Term 2021
Our Spring Term runs from Monday 11 January to Sunday 28 March 2021 (excluding half term week Monday 15 - February to Sunday 21 February).
Please click here to download our full timetable.
How to book and pay
Seahorse booking telephone number: 07921 828 059. Please do leave a message if the line is busy and we will return your call.
Full payment for the term is required in advance and can be made by debit card when you book or BACS payments. We also accept childcare vouchers, please contact Mrs Metcalf for more information if you wish to pay with childcare vouchers. Payment for the Spring term will be £9.50 x 10 lessons = £99.50
Swimmers returning from the Autumn Term have a three lesson credit, so they pay £66.50 for the Spring term 2021.
Re-Enrolment Week Monday 14 December - Sunday 20 December 2020
If your child attended Seahorse Swim School in the Autumn Term 2020, please book on the day of your previous class, e.g. if your child’s lesson was on a Monday then please book on Monday 14 December.
All other bookings – w/c 4 January 2021
If you know the swim level of your child and do not need an assessment, then please book w/c 4 January. Please telephone on the day of the week you want your lesson, e.g. if you want a lesson on a Monday then please book on Monday 4 January.
Assessment Week for new swimmers w/c Monday 4 January 2021
If you would like to join Seahorse Swim School and are unsure of your child’s swim level, then you need to arrange an assessment for them. Starting from Monday 4 January 2021 we will be running an assessment week. Please book a free ten minute appointment for your child by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The assessment is ten minutes long and allows the teacher to see the child’s ability in the water, if they can follow instructions, how water confident they are and if/where they would fit into our swim programme. Also it allows the child and parent to have one-to-one time with the teacher. You will be offered a lesson at the appropriate level on the day of your assessment.
Seahorse Swim School
Horsenden Primary School
Horsenden Lane North
Greenford, UB6 0PB
Booking: 07921 828 059
General enquiries: 020 8422 5985