Learn to Swim with Seahorse Swim School
We are delighted to announce that our Seahorse Swim School will reopen from 5 October 2020. The safety of our swimmers and teachers is and always will be our number one priority. In compliance with government and Swim England guidance, we have made a number of changes to our Seahorse classes to ensure the safety of everyone.
- All swimming activities must be pre-booked.
- We ask that anyone feeling ill or showing signs of any symptoms does not attend the school and will follow NHS guidance.
- Swimmers to arrive changed and be ready to swim – ‘beach ready’ – this is to reduce the amount of time spent in the changing rooms.
- All activities will have maximum number allocated and lesson times will be staggered.
- We will run fewer lessons within the pool at one time to allow for both children and swimming teachers to social distance. This may affect the times we are able to offer.
- There will be a one-way system, hand sanitiser and regular cleaning of all contact points.
- All changing rooms will be fully wiped down with disinfectant between each swimming bubble.
- We have a dedicated Seahorse Covid Liaison Officer who will ensure protocols are in place, working, being followed and regularly reviewed.
Please click this link for full details of our Covid specific risk management, our updated operating procedures and risk assessment.
We offer swimming lessons from age 4 and upwards. Lessons take place seven days a week and cover Levels 1 – 7. For more information on swim levels please click here. Unfortunately, we are unable to offer Ducklings classes this term. Following Swim England guidance, our swim coaches will be teaching from the pool side and will only enter the water in an emergency.
Swim lessons are 30 minutes and cost £9.50 per lesson, payable in advance. The Autumn term will run from Monday 5 October to Sunday 20 December 2020 (not half term week), a total of ten weeks. Booking is via our school website, on a first come, first served basis and is open from Monday 21 September at 9am. There is a limit of four swimmers per group.
Seahorse Swim School Timetable - Autumn Term 2020
Our Autumn Term runs from Monday 5 October to Sunday 20 December (excluding half term week Monday 26 October to Sunday 1 November).
Please click here to download our full timetable.
How to book and pay
Seahorse booking telephone number: 07921 828 059 between 10am and 6pm
Full payment for the term is required in advance and can be made by debit card when you book or BACS payments. Payment for the Autumn term will be £9.50 x 10 lessons = £99.50
Swimmers returning from the Spring Term have a two lesson credit, so they pay £76 for the Autumn term 2020.
Re-Enrolment Week Monday 21 – Sunday 27 September
If your child attended Seahorse Swim School in the Spring Term 2020, please book on the day of your previous class, e.g. if your child’s lesson was on a Monday then please book on Monday 21 September.
All other bookings – w/c 28 September
If you know the swim level of your child and do not need an assessment, then please book w/c 28 September. Please telephone on the day of the week you want your lesson, e.g. if you want a lesson on a Monday then please book on Monday 28 September.
Assessment Week for new swimmers w/c Monday 28 September
If you would like to join Seahorse Swim School and are unsure of your child’s swim level, then you need to arrange an assessment for them. Starting from Monday 28 September we will be running an assessment week. Please book a free ten minute appointment for your child by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
The assessment is ten minutes long and allows the teacher to see the child’s ability in the water, if they can follow instructions, how water confident they are and if/where they would fit into our swim programme. Also it allows the child and parent to have one-to-one time with the teacher. You will be offered a lesson at the appropriate level on the day of your assessment.
Seahorse Swim School
Horsenden Primary School
Horsenden Lane North
Greenford, UB6 0PB
Booking: 07921 828 059
General enquiries: 020 8422 5985