Horsenden Primary School is a larger than average primary school situated in the leafy area of Greenford, in the London Borough of Ealing. We have four forms of entry in Years 2, 4, and 6 (120 places in each year group), and three forms of entry in Reception and Years 1, 3 and 5. We also have a 75 place Nursery which operates 2 sessions, morning and afternoon, and some full time places..
At Horsenden we grow ambition by holding limitless aspirations for all our pupils. We create an environment where every pupil is valued as an individual and they are supported to explore their interests and develop the academic, personal, social and emotional skills and characteristics they need to be successful now and in the future.
Our pupils have access to a range of fabulous facilities including an on-site swimming pool, dedicated music room, computer suite, practical room with cooking facilities, well-resourced book areas and libraries as well as a Multi-Use Games Area and three separate playgrounds. Our wonderful facilities allow us to deliver an inspiring and interactive curriculum.
We are an inclusive school and welcome all children, no matter their individual needs. Additional support can be provided by a skilled and committed team of well trained staff.
Children feel proud to be part of Horsenden. All children (except Nursery) wear our school uniform, consisting of a white polo shirt, grey trousers, skirt or pinafore, navy blue jumper, cardigan or sweatshirt, or blue and white summer dress and plain black shoes.
Hot meals are prepared and cooked daily on site by ISS Catering Services, including freshly baked bread and a salad bar. A vegetarian option is always available. Meals can be taken on a day-by-day basis with payment being made in advance.
All children are encouraged to walk, scoot or cycle to school. Cycle shelters and scooter parks are provided on site.
Wraparound care is provided by Aktiva Camps in the Children's Centre located on the school site. This consists of a Breakfast Club which operates from 7:30am until the start of the school day, and After School Care Club from end of the school day until 6pm. Bookings are made direct with Aktiva. Click here for more information.
Our school is delighted to have achieved awards in the following initiatives:
- Unicef UK Rights Respecting School / Bronze Award - Horsenden aims to be a school where children’s rights are at the heart of our ethos and culture, to improve wellbeing and to develop every child’s talents and abilities to their full potential. As part of this plan we are proud to have gained the ‘Rights Respecting School’ Bronze Award and are on our way to achieving Silver.
- FSPA (Family School Partnership Award) - To achieve this Award we reviewed our whole school approach to working with families in the widest sense, identified areas where we would like to see positive change and put in place actions to effect this change.
- Healthy Schools London / Silver Award - Awarded by Sadiq Khan, Mayor of London, for our outstanding contribution to improve wellbeing in our school.
- Picture News Advocate - We use Picture News as a way to connect our pupils’ learning across the school, giving everyone a common ground for discussions, whether it’s in their classrooms, the playground or at home with siblings and wider family. Classes discuss the big question each fortnight and explore this in different ways, putting their reflections into class scrapbooks. In addition to this, Picture News really supports our oracy and vocabulary-focused curriculum approach: teachers use Picture News resources to develop pupils’ ability to comment on, debate and discuss national and international affairs which is part of our aim to develop pupils as global citizens. We are proud to have been awarded 'Picture News Advocate' status.
- Music Mark - Music Mark is a membership organisation, subject association, and charity who advocate for excellent
music education for all children and young people. Our school was awarded the Music Mark following a nomination by the Ealing Music Service in recognition of our commitment to provide a high quality music education through a broad and balanced curriculum, and the value we place on music.
We hope that you enjoy your visit to our website, and that you find all the information you are looking for. Please feel free to contact the school directly with any queries you may have.