All maintained schools in England have a Governing Body which is responsible for overseeing many of the strategic decisions of the school. A key role is to act as a ‘critical friend’: to support, challenge, and to ask questions.
As defined by the Department for Education (DfE) in The School Governance (Roles, Procedures and Allowances) (England) Regulations 2013, the core functions of the Governing Board include:
- Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction;
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils;
- Ensuring the sound, proper and effective use of the school’s financial resources.
In exercising their functions, the Governing Board shall:
- Act with integrity, objectivity and honesty and in the best interests of the school;
- Be open about the decisions they make and the actions they take and in particular shall be prepared to explain their decisions and actions to interested parties.
Our Governing Board has a Code of Conduct which is reviewed and agreed annually. All governors and associate members are required to abide by this Code of Conduct.
The Governing Board at Horsenden Primary School is organised into the following structure:
(i) A full Governing Board - Lynne Plummer is the Chair of the Governing Board and Jo Pollett is the Vice Chair
(iii) A Curriculum & Standards Committee - Matt Gompels is the Chair of this particular committee
Sally Wright is the Governing Board Safeguarding link
To view the attendance register for Governing Board & Committee meetings for 2018/2019 click here
Register of Interest 2019/2020